This 11-week online course brings the best of MIT’s additive manufacturing (AM) thinking to your organization. Your employees will gain an in-depth understanding of the technical principles of 3D printing, as well as the advanced design principles that make up AM. At the end of this online course, they will be ready to architect and implement innovative uses of AM in your organization and envision new AM-enabled products, processes, and business models. For more information on our corporate and group options, please fill out the form below.
- Designed for professionals: Offer your staff best-in-class instruction through MIT's software-as-a-service (SaaS) open learning platform, which allows participants to take the program at their own pace without disrupting their work schedule. Hosted on the edX online platform, course content deeply engages learners and maximizes learner outcomes via individual and team projects, responsive assessments, multimedia, simulation tools, and discussion forums.
- Benchmark of skills: Set a standard of additive manufacturing knowledge and skills, leading to effective communication among employees and consistency across the enterprise.
- State of the practice: Access content that is organized and vetted by MIT faculty who are leaders in the field and includes perspectives from experts and examples from industrial applications of AM.
- Forward thinking: Learn at the frontier of advanced manufacturing and connect with industry peers and the MIT professional community.
- Provides an MIT Professional Certificate upon completion of the course, plus Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Bulk pricing available upon request. MIT offers course customization and enhanced services for interested companies.
For more information on our corporate options please fill out the form below
Getting Approval for Training and Development
Many companies offer professional development benefits to their employees but sometimes starting the conversation is the hardest part of the process. Here's an email template that you can use to open up the dialogue with your manager or HR officer in regards to requesting approval for professional development.